Saturday 24 July 2010

A day to remember.




On this day back in 1993 a van turned up with Mike Carroll, Eric Koston, Rick Howard, Danny Way, Pat Duffy, Sean Sheffey and Colin McKay. The skaters at the Dead End gathering at the Brooklyn Banks were in a state of shock! My friend Sam and I quickly approached Rick Howard and told him about the marble dreamland called Battery Park Waterfront. Rick wanted to go but had no razor to grip his board, luck had it that I had a knife in my bag! He called over Pat and Colin, we told them about the spot and they were all down to go. We snuck away from the banks and took Rick, Pat & Colin on a mini tour of downtown NYC That ended with their jaws dropping when they witnessed Battery Park Waterfront for the first time! R.I.P Harold Hunter, that trick over the wall is still amazing to this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment